Sewing Section Inspection in Garments
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
Garments Sewing Section:
In the apparel industry sewing section is known as the heart of a garments. After receiving all the component of garments parts from cutting section, then those parts are linked by sewing machine. In this section manufacturer finally get a complete appearance of garments therefore, sewing Section is very important department in the garments industry. Today I want to discuss about the major factor of garments sewing section inspection.
Sewing Section Inspection
For smooth and perfect sewing operation, we need to identify few factors which are important in garment sewing section. Generally there are three steps for inspection of garments sewing section. They are as following-
- Sewing Inspection
- Seaming Inspection
- Assembling Inspection
1. Sewing Inspection:
- There should not any needle mark.
- There should not be only defective stitch such as slipped stitch, staggered stitch, unbalanced stitches.
- Seam puckering should be avoided.
- Stitch density should be uniform.
- There should not have uneven stitch length.
- Oil spot or uneven stitch length should be inspected.
2. Seaming Inspection:
- Unequal width of seam.
- Insecure seam.
- Miss matching of stripe and checks between two components along seam line.
- Trapping of foreign materials inside the seam.
- When face and back side of fabrics are not matched.
- Application of wrong stitch type or wrong seam type.
- Shade variation between sewing.
3. Assembling Inspection:
- Improper size and shape of any component.
- Wrong size of garments.
- Skipping of any design in garments.
- Lack of proper placement of any component in garments.
- Improper placing and fusing of interlining.
- Shade variation from component to component.