Introduction of Method Study
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
Method study is the study or analysis of existing, find out the problem with that method and establishment of a best method for smooth production, waste reduction and increased profitability.
The method study engages logically below few steps.
- Selection of work
- Recording information
- Examine information
- Develop the new process
- Install the new method
- Maintain new method
Importance of the Method Study:
1. To study the existing/propose method of doing a job.
2. To develop a better method to improve productivity and to reduce cost.
3. To reduce excessive material handling.
4. Improve utilization of resources.
5. Standardize work method, working condition, machinery and tools.
6. Improved work place lay out.
7. Improve work flow.
8. Better man power and capacity utilization.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article with full concentration, then you can easily answer the following questions-
- Importance of Method Study
- Objects of Method Study
- Steps of Method Study
- What is Method Study?
- The Application of Method Study in Garments
- Relation between method study and Industrial Engineering