Garments Sampling Process for Export Order
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
Sampling is very important for garments manufacturing process in a textile industry. For this reason garments factories have a garment sampling department. For confirming an export order, sampling plays an important role. According to the sample condition, buyer will give comments. Generally, buyers require different types of sample from different stages of the order process. There are few stages in garments industry for making an export order. Now I would like to discuss about this process.
In garments factory samples are divided by two ways. They are development samples and production samples.
A. Development samples:
Development samples are the initial stage of garment manufacturing. In garments industry those samples are making before production, which are called development sample. They are as follows.
1. Design sample: Design sample is first sample for garments sampling department. This sample is also called proto sample. Proto samples are created by a fashion designer. Not mention fit and fabric details in this stage.
2. Fit sample: For making a fit sample, fashion designers are using dummy. Fit samples are prepared by buyer order sheet measurement. For this reason, fit sample is very important in garments sampling department.
3. Photo shoot sample: When the fit sample is approved the photo shoot sample is made. Taking Photo shoot for the buyer where samples will be worn by the models or dummy. For this sample, actual fabrics and accessories are compulsory. By this sample buyer can easily give their comments.
4. Mock up sample: Mock up sample is not a complete sample. For buyer equipment few parts of garments are made. It is part of garments such as sleeve, collar, front panel, leg parts etc.
5. Size set sample: Generally a garment has different sizes such as S, L, M, XL, XXL, etc. For this reason, check the fit of the garment in different sizes. Size set sample is very important because without this approval, the cutting should not be started.
6. Approval sample: Before pre-production sample, sometimes buyer required approval sample. This sample is made actual fabrics and accessories. Approval sample is actual buyer one kinds of recommend for next process.
7. Pre-production sample: The Pre-production sample is the last stage of development sample. In apparel industry, short name of this sample is PP sample. Garment bulk production depends on approval of pre-production sample from buyer. So pre-production sample is a most important sample.
B. Production samples:
Production samples are the last stage of sampling process at manufacturing industry. Actually, this stage is combustion of online sample and shipment sample. By those samples a buyer can know the bulk production condition of a garment industry. In both stages of production, used original fabrics and accessories.
1. Online sample: Online sample is also called top of production sample (TOP sample). A sample which is collected from the first stage of production process is known as online sample. For production follow up, a buyer must be collected this sample from the apparel industry.
2. Shipment sample: In this stage production has done. For sending this sample to the buyer, need all packing accessories such as poly, hanger, packing list, bar code sticker, hang tag, price tag, etc. In garment factory, shipment samples are kept for future reference that’s why, this sample is known as keep sample.