Job Responsibilities of a fashion merchandiser
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
The person who is involved with buying, manufacturing, selling and promotes fashions is known as fashion merchandiser. A fashion merchandiser plays a key role in any fashion industry. The job responsibility of a fashion merchandiser may vary from industry to industry. In this article, I have explained the job responsibility of a fashion merchandiser.
Job Responsibility of a Fashion Merchandiser:
A fashion merchandiser job responsibility is quite different from a garments merchandiser. But the basic part of merchandising is same as like a garment merchandising. Generally fashion merchandiser covered the initial development of garments sample parts which is known as sample designing.
The job responsibilities of a fashion merchandiser are mentioned below-
- To proper analysis of buyer order.
- To follow up manufacturing process.
- To evaluate the selling evidence.
- To organize the work scheduling of different departments
- To visit different fashion shows for increasing knowledge about recent fashion trends.
- To analysisnew fashion.
- To join different fashion related even such as fashion show, Trade, conference, fair, exhibition, etc.
- To promote new fashion band.
- To organize different event for brand promotion and advertisement.
- To negotiatewith thebuyer and manufacturersabout order prices.
- To maintain proper team work for execution an order.
Skills required for a fashion merchandiser:
- Should have full affection of fashion.
- Should have analysis ability all sector of fashion.
- Should be confident person.
- Should be a hard working person.
- Should have well professional relationship with collages and buyers.
- Should have knowledge about recent fashion trends.
- Should have good knowledge about fashion promotion.
- Should have Negotiate ability with manufacturer and buyer.