How to Promote Fashionable Product
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
Before starting talking about fashion promotion I would like to remember ground breaking quotation made by Ted Turner- “Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise”. This simple quotation explains all about the importance of fashion promotion. In the competitive fashion market every brands or product need to strong commercial and visual promotion. Fashion promotion focuses on fashion publicity, fashion advertising, fashion magazine, fashion show, visual special events, visual merchandising, fashion merchandising video merchandising, and electronic merchandising.
Advertisement is becoming more prominent as companies recognize the need to develop strong brand at trade as well. A strong brand or corporate image can put the companies in negotiating contact with retailer. Advertisement is used to promote a brand image and it’s a valuable tool to achieve good will. Generally fashion advertising is usually to the philosophy of ‘’ why tell the word if you can show it’’. The main advertising media are press, TV, radio, cinema, poster, direct mail etc.
- To increase market share.
- To increase sale of specific product.
- To create brand awareness.
- To reinforce the brand identification.
Trade Fair and Exhibition:
Trade fair and exhibition come under the category of sales promotion it is very effective because it provides face to face contact with target customer and laying the authority. Use of network can attract attention and promote interest in the stand. The most commonly used types of promotion material are post cards, leaflet, broaches, and business etc.
- To increase buyer knowledge about the products.
- To enhance face to face contact with target customer.
- To create trade name awareness.
The fashion consumer is not born with the knowledge of fashion brands, criteria of judging the style to buy. Fashion journalism is also concerned with fashion promotion. Therefore this is the media through which the consumers acquire knowledge about the present fashion cards or fashion magazines.
- To increase consumer knowledge about the famous brand and new and upcoming brand.
- To provide knowledge about the local the international fashion.
- To give news about up-coming fashion.
In the competitive fashion business, it is very important to attract the consumer to buy garments. ‘First impression lasts long’ manufacturers display the garments inside the window to draw attention the customer. Though there is no specific rule how to display the garments behind the window glass but care must be taken about proper arrangement effectively to catch the eye of customers.
- To increase visual merchandising and visual special events.
- To provide clear concept about the products.
- To increase local and international customers attention.