Job Responsibility of a Garments Merchandiser
Noor Ahmed Raaz
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (CU)
Specialized in Apparel Manufacturing
A.M.C.S Textile Ltd (AEPZ)
A merchandiser play dual role between manufacturer and buyer. Merchandiser is commented with the buyer and to do the planning as use well as procuring the garment order up to the shipment. He/she have to achieve knowledge about the right product, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities, at the right price. To become a good merchandiser, he/she should play some roles in keeping up responsibilities. Today’s topic is about the job responsibility of a merchandiser.
A merchandiser plays very important role in the apparel industry. The major role of merchandiser is monitoring an order, first to last. Merchandiser also acts role to maintain accelerate the working execution speed. In garments industry, merchandising department is common. Merchandising department is known as the heart of an apparel industry. Company profit or lose depending on this department. Therefore the responsibilities in this department are very important. The sequence of job responsibility flows in a merchandising department according to the following diagram.
Job Responsibility of a Garments Merchandiser:
The major job responsibilities of a merchandiser garments are as below-
- To maintain professional relationship between buyer and manufacturer.
- To collect the PO (purchase order) from buyer.
- To prepare an order plan, according to the right product, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities, at the right price, in the right promotion.
- To break down the order sheet.
- To prepare the order costing and price quoting.
- To set up internal order list.
- To monitor the garments sample process according to the buyer requirement.
- To collect the all of garments fabric, accessories & trims.
- To get lab dips.
- To ensure buyer approval.
- To make sure productions follow up.
- To maintain product quality.
- To follow up shipment process according to the buyer instructions.
- To ensure smooth shipment process.
- To maintain merchandising files and updating time and action plan (TNA).