Difference between Fashion and Style
B.F Tech (NIFT)
Laguna Clothing Pvt. Ltd.
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
Fashion and Style:
Fashion is what is currently on trend right now, that is, what is being featured in magazines, on TV, and on the fashion runways. Fashion is what is trendy right now. Style, on the other hand, is unique to everyone. This is the person’s individual opinion, their own choice in clothes and accessories. The style is something that has been modified and customized on an individual level to suit each person’s own personality and body.
The difference between Fashion and Style:
The terms fashion and style are commonly thrown around these days, however, many people find it difficult to distinguish between the two. They are as follows-
1. Fashion is the clothes, accessories and shoes that are made, but the style is the way in which you wear those. Talking about fashionable people, they are those who follow without any regard to whether the fashion actually suits them or not. Nevertheless, there are also stylish people who are not considered fashionable because they might be wearing what may or may not be currently in fashion.
2. There are no constants, no staples, fashion is difficult to keep up with as it changes by the decade, the year, the season, sometimes even by week. What is considered in fashion today could possibly be different tomorrow.
3. The true stylish people knows understands and respects the rules, yet knowingly defies and breaks them, bends them and interpret them as he pleases. The unique feature of style is that it can adopt and adapt to certain fashion trends but can also put a unique spin in it.
4. Though fashion and style are related concepts but there is a thin line of individualism differentiating them. For instance, we can say that bellbottom jeans were in fashion back in the 70s but many celebrities and commoners still wear them which had upped their style statement.
5. The stylish people use fashion just as an accessory to upgrade their styles. It’s just a prop for them which they can use in order to enhance their style statements.
6. The success of fashion depends on the acceptability by mass; one tries other follows whereas style doesn’t demand to be successful as it is acceptability by individuals rather created by individual for suiting themselves.
7. Fashion is dynamic and it changes every now and then but style belongs to individual and is eternal.
8. The difference between them can be summed up as fashion is what you buy and style is what you actually do with it.