Job Responsibilities of Knit Merchandising
Md. Mezanur Rahman
Birds A & Z Ltd.
Knit merchandising means an activity of selling and promoting the goods. These activities are done by a merchandiser. That’s why we can say that merchandiser is one who execute all related tasks about price negotiation, order confirmation, fabric follow up, order execution and on time shipment by interacting with buyer and the knit garments manufacturer company. Now I am trying to give a clear concept about this topic.
Knit Merchandising Tasks:
Before knit merchandising we should understand a general merchandising process in an ideal apparel industry. The general process of merchandising is as follows-
- Overall follow-up, i.e. product development to shipment.
- Sample development.
- Doing the consumption of fabrics, trims/accessories and prepare booking.
- Contact with Buyers for troublesome matters.
- Can take decisions independently.
- Prepare Time and action plan (TNA) and also sourcing plan with execution.
- Inventory control and in-house raw materials.
- Ensure shipment and take decision for smooth production.
We can divided into two step of all Knit merchandising job responsibilities. A merchandiser must have those below knowledge for execution the total merchandising tasks. They are-
- Such as Follow up
- Order Execution.
1. Such as Follow Up:
Follow up means yarn booking, fabric booking, Lab dip development and approval, accessories booking, knitting follow up, dyeing and finishing follow up.
2. Order Execution:
That’s all above process is merchandising task.